When it comes to ensuring safety while riding a bicycle, choosing the right helmet is crucial. With the ever-increasing popularity of cycling in Australia, it is essential to invest in the best bicycle helmet available. A high-quality helmet not only provides protection but also offers comfort and style.
In Australia, there is a wide range of bicycle helmets to choose from, each with its unique features and designs. From lightweight and aerodynamic helmets for racing enthusiasts to durable and versatile helmets for everyday riders, there is something for everyone.
The best bicycle helmets in Australia are designed to meet stringent safety standards and provide optimal protection in the event of a fall or collision. They are made using advanced materials that absorb impact and reduce the risk of head injuries. Additionally, these helmets are adjustable, ensuring a snug fit for maximum comfort and stability.
The Ultimate Guide to the Best Bicycle Helmets in Australia
As cycling continues to grow in popularity, it’s more important than ever to prioritize safety on the roads. One essential piece of equipment for any cyclist is a high-quality bicycle helmet. In Australia, where cycling is a popular activity, there are numerous options to choose from. This guide will help you navigate the market and find the best bicycle helmets available in Australia.
When it comes to purchasing a bicycle helmet, safety should always be the primary concern. Look for helmets that meet the Australian/New Zealand safety standards, denoted by the AS/NZS certification mark. This ensures that the helmet has undergone rigorous testing and will provide the protection you need.
In addition to safety, comfort is also crucial when selecting a bicycle helmet. Look for helmets with adjustable straps and an ergonomic design that will provide a secure and comfortable fit. Ventilation is also important, especially in the Australian climate, so choose a helmet with adequate airflow to keep you cool on long rides.
Another factor to consider is the helmet’s style and design. While safety should always come first, there’s no harm in choosing a helmet that matches your personal style. Whether you prefer a sleek and minimalist design or a bold and vibrant color, there are helmets available to suit every taste.
To help you narrow down your options, we have compiled a list of the best bicycle helmets in Australia:
- Brand A Helmet: This helmet offers excellent safety features, including a durable outer shell and impact-absorbing foam. It also has a comfortable fit and adjustable straps for a secure hold.
- Brand B Helmet: With its sleek and aerodynamic design, this helmet is perfect for cyclists who prioritize speed. It also has advanced ventilation systems to keep you cool during intense rides.
- Brand C Helmet: This helmet is known for its superior comfort, thanks to its lightweight construction and adjustable padding. It also comes in a variety of colors to suit your personal style.
- Brand D Helmet: If you value versatility, this helmet is for you. It features a modular design that allows you to switch between a full-face helmet and an open-face helmet, depending on your needs.
- Brand E Helmet: This helmet is an excellent option for cyclists on a budget. It offers reliable protection at an affordable price, without compromising on comfort or style.
Remember, it’s important to try on different helmets and choose the one that fits you best. Comfort and fit are key to ensuring the helmet will provide optimal protection in the event of a fall or collision. By considering safety, comfort, and style, you can select the best bicycle helmet for your needs and enjoy peace of mind on your cycling adventures in Australia.
Importance of Wearing a Bicycle Helmet
When riding a bicycle, safety should always be a top priority. One of the most important safety measures you can take is wearing a helmet. In Australia, wearing a bicycle helmet is not just recommended, it is a legal requirement.
A bicycle helmet is designed to protect your head in case of a fall or collision. It can greatly reduce the risk of serious head injuries and even save your life. According to research, wearing a helmet can reduce the risk of head injury by up to 60% and the risk of fatal head injury by up to 73%.
Wearing a helmet is particularly important when cycling in Australia, as the country has a high rate of cycling-related accidents. Australia has a diverse landscape, with many beautiful cycling routes, but it also means there are various terrains and road conditions that cyclists need to be prepared for. Wearing a helmet can provide the necessary protection in case of a crash or accident.
Benefits of wearing a bicycle helmet:
- Protection against head injuries
- Reduced risk of brain damage
- Increased visibility to other road users
- Enhanced safety during falls or collisions
- Compliance with Australian laws and regulations
Choosing the best bicycle helmet:
When selecting a bicycle helmet, it is important to choose one that fits properly and meets the safety standards set by the Australian government. Look for helmets that are lightweight, well-ventilated, and have adjustable straps for a secure fit. Additionally, consider the type of cycling you will be doing and choose a helmet specifically designed for that purpose, whether it is road cycling, mountain biking, or commuting.
Investing in a high-quality helmet is a small price to pay for the protection and peace of mind it provides. Always remember to wear a helmet every time you ride a bicycle, and encourage others to do the same. Your safety should never be compromised when enjoying the great outdoors on your bicycle.
Key Features to Consider When Choosing a Bicycle Helmet
When looking for the best bicycle helmets in Australia, there are several key features to consider. These features not only ensure your safety but also provide comfort and convenience during your rides. Here are some important factors to keep in mind:
- Helmet Safety Standards: Make sure the helmet meets the mandatory Australian safety standards (AS/NZS 2063:2008). Look for the certification sticker or label to ensure it meets the necessary requirements.
- Helmet Size and Fit: Proper fit is crucial for helmet effectiveness. Measure your head circumference and choose a helmet size accordingly. Look for helmets with adjustable straps and retention systems to ensure a secure and comfortable fit.
- Helmet Type: Consider the type of cycling you will be doing. Different helmets are designed for various disciplines such as road cycling, mountain biking, or commuting. Choose a helmet that suits your specific needs.
- Helmet Ventilation: Look for helmets with adequate ventilation to keep your head cool and comfortable during hot Australian rides. Ventilation channels and vents help to increase airflow and prevent overheating.
- Helmet Padding: Opt for helmets with sufficient padding for added comfort and impact absorption. The padding should be removable and washable for better hygiene and maintenance.
- Helmet Weight: Consider the weight of the helmet, especially if you plan on long rides or races. Lighter helmets reduce strain on your neck and provide a more comfortable experience.
- Helmet Visor: Depending on your preference, you may want a helmet with a built-in visor. Visors provide shade and protection from sun glare and can be particularly useful during off-road cycling.
- Helmet Visibility: Safety is paramount, so choose a helmet with reflective elements or bright colors to increase visibility to other road users.
- Helmet Durability: Look for helmets made from strong and durable materials such as polycarbonate or carbon fiber. High-quality helmets offer better protection and have a longer lifespan.
- Helmet Price: While it’s important to invest in a quality helmet, consider your budget. Look for helmets that offer great value for money, balancing safety and features within your price range.
By considering these key features, you can find the best bicycle helmet in Australia that meets your specific needs and enhances your cycling experience. Remember, safety should always be the top priority when choosing a bicycle helmet.
Top-Rated Bicycle Helmet Brands in Australia
When it comes to ensuring your safety while cycling, choosing the right helmet is essential. In Australia, there are several top-rated bicycle helmet brands known for their high-quality products and commitment to safety. These brands have become popular among cyclists for their innovative designs and advanced technologies.
|HelmetCo is a leading brand in Australia that offers a wide range of helmets for both road and mountain biking. Their helmets are known for their lightweight construction and excellent ventilation system, ensuring maximum comfort during long rides.
|$100 – $300
|SafeRide is a trusted brand that focuses on safety and protection. Their helmets are designed with innovative features, such as MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System), which helps reduce rotational forces in the event of an impact. SafeRide helmets are available in various styles and colors to suit different preferences.
|$150 – $400
|ProTech is a well-known brand among professional cyclists in Australia. Their helmets are designed to meet the highest safety standards and provide superior protection. ProTech helmets feature advanced technologies, such as aerodynamic designs and integrated LED lights for enhanced visibility.
|$200 – $500
|RideShield is a popular choice for recreational cyclists who prioritize comfort and style. Their helmets are known for their adjustable fit systems and sleek designs. RideShield also offers a range of accessories, such as removable visors and reflective stickers, to enhance visibility and customization.
|$80 – $200
When choosing a bicycle helmet, it’s essential to prioritize safety, comfort, and fit. All of these top-rated brands in Australia offer helmets that meet international safety standards and cater to different needs and preferences. Whether you’re a professional cyclist or a recreational rider, investing in a high-quality helmet from one of these trusted brands will ensure your head is protected on every ride.
Best Bicycle Helmets for Road Cycling
When it comes to road cycling, safety should always be a top priority. One of the most important pieces of equipment for any cyclist is a quality bicycle helmet. In Australia, where cycling is a popular sport and mode of transportation, choosing the right helmet is crucial.
Here are some of the best bicycle helmets for road cycling in Australia:
Rudy Project Strym Helmet
The Rudy Project Strym helmet is a top choice for road cyclists in Australia. It offers excellent ventilation, comfort, and aerodynamics, making it perfect for long rides. It features a sleek design and is available in a variety of colors to suit every cyclist’s style.
Bell Z20 MIPS Helmet
The Bell Z20 MIPS helmet is another great option for road cycling in Australia. It utilizes MIPS technology to provide added protection against rotational forces during crashes. The helmet also has an adjustable fit system and aero design to enhance performance.
When shopping for a road cycling helmet, it’s important to consider factors such as fit, ventilation, aerodynamics, and safety features. All of the helmets mentioned above meet these criteria and are highly recommended for Australian cyclists.
Remember, no matter which helmet you choose, always make sure it fits properly and is in good condition. Investing in a high-quality helmet is a small price to pay for the protection it provides on the road.
Stay safe and enjoy your rides!
Best Bicycle Helmets for Mountain Biking
When it comes to mountain biking, choosing the right helmet is crucial for your safety. A good helmet should provide reliable protection and comfort during your off-road adventures. Here are some of the best bicycle helmets for mountain biking available in Australia.
1. Giro Chronicle MIPS Helmet
The Giro Chronicle MIPS Helmet is a top-rated option for mountain bikers in Australia. It features MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) technology, which helps reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts. The helmet also has a durable shell construction and an adjustable fit system for a secure fit.
2. Bell Super Air R MIPS Helmet
The Bell Super Air R MIPS Helmet is another excellent choice for mountain biking in Australia. It offers superior ventilation with its 18 vents, keeping your head cool even during intense rides. The helmet also features MIPS technology and a removable chin bar, providing added versatility for different trail conditions.
When purchasing a mountain biking helmet, make sure to consider factors such as fit, ventilation, and safety features. It’s also important to choose a helmet that meets the Australian safety standards for bicycle helmets. Stay safe while enjoying your mountain biking adventures with these top-quality helmets.
Best Bicycle Helmets for Commuting
If you’re a commuter cyclist in Australia, having a reliable and safe bicycle helmet is crucial. Whether you’re riding to work or running errands around town, here are some of the best bicycle helmets that will keep you protected on the road.
|1. Giro Revel
| – Lightweight design
– Ventilation for airflow
– Adjustable fit
|2. Bell Draft
| – In-Mold construction
– Ergo fit system for easy adjustments
– 25 large vents for breathability
– Visor for sun protection
|3. Smith Optics Signal MIPS
| – MIPS technology for added protection
– Lightweight and durable
– Excellent ventilation
– Adjustable fit system
|4. Bern Brentwood
| – All-season helmet
– Flip visor for sun and rain protection
– 360-degree reflective details for visibility
– Adjustable fit system
|5. Kask Urban Lifestyle
| – Stylish design
– In-Mold construction
– Eco-leather chinstrap
– Excellent ventilation
Remember, safety should always be your top priority when cycling. Make sure to choose a helmet that fits well, is comfortable to wear, and meets the necessary safety standards in Australia.
Best Bicycle Helmets for Women
When it comes to cycling in Australia, safety should always be the top priority. One of the most important safety gears a cyclist should invest in is a reliable and well-fitting bicycle helmet. For women cyclists, finding the best helmet that provides optimal protection without compromising comfort and style is essential.
Here are some of the best bicycle helmets specifically designed for women:
1. Giro Women’s Ember MIPS Helmet
The Giro Women’s Ember MIPS Helmet offers excellent protection with its Multi-directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) technology. It is lightweight, well-ventilated, and designed to fit a wide range of head sizes. The sleek and stylish design makes it a great choice for women cyclists.
2. Specialized Women’s Propero III Helmet
The Specialized Women’s Propero III Helmet is a high-performance helmet that combines safety and comfort. It features a patented ANGi (Angular and G-Force Indicator) technology that connects to your phone and sends an alert to your emergency contacts in case of an accident. The Propero III also offers superior ventilation and a secure fit system.
3. Liv Coveta Women’s Helmet
The Liv Coveta Women’s Helmet is specifically designed for off-road cycling. It features a lightweight and durable In-Mold Polycarbonate Shell construction for maximum protection. The moto-style visor provides extra shade and protection from the elements. With its stylish design and integrated MIPS technology, the Liv Coveta is a top choice for women mountain bikers.
Remember, when choosing a bicycle helmet, it is important to consider factors such as fit, ventilation, safety features, and style. Make sure to try on different helmets and adjust them properly to ensure a comfortable and secure fit. With the right helmet, you can enjoy your cycling adventures in Australia with peace of mind.
Best Bicycle Helmets for Kids
When it comes to cycling safety, a good quality helmet is essential. In Australia, where bicycle riding is a popular activity among kids, it is important to choose the best bicycle helmets for your child. These helmets not only provide necessary protection but also come in fun and attractive designs that kids will love.
When selecting a helmet for your child, safety should be the primary concern. Look for helmets that meet the Australian safety standards, which ensure maximum protection for your child’s head in case of an accident. These standards include rigorous testing for impact resistance and proper fit.
Comfort and Fit
A well-fitted helmet is crucial to ensure comfort and optimum protection. Look for helmets with adjustable straps and a secure fit system that allows for a customized fit. Additionally, helmets with ventilation channels help keep kids cool during rides.
- 1. Brand A Helmet: This helmet features a lightweight design and excellent ventilation, keeping your child comfortable on long rides.
- 2. Brand B Helmet: This helmet comes with a fun and colorful design, making it an attractive option for kids.
- 3. Brand C Helmet: With a durable construction and adjustable fit system, this helmet offers both safety and comfort.
These are just a few examples of the best bicycle helmets for kids available in Australia. Remember to involve your child in the selection process, allowing them to choose a design they love while ensuring it meets all safety requirements. With the right helmet, your child can enjoy cycling adventures while staying safe.
Best Bicycle Helmets for Aero Performance
If you’re looking to enhance your cycling performance and reduce drag, investing in an aero helmet is a great choice. Aero helmets are designed with a sleek shape and advanced aerodynamic features to help you ride faster and more efficiently. Here are the top options for the best bicycle helmets for aero performance in Australia:
1. Giro Aerohead MIPS Helmet
The Giro Aerohead MIPS Helmet is a popular choice among cyclists looking to optimize their aerodynamics. It features a wind tunnel-tested design and an integrated MIPS system for added protection against rotational forces. The helmet also has a magnetic Zeiss eye shield for improved vision and reduced drag.
2. Kask Protone Helmet
The Kask Protone Helmet is another top-rated option for aero performance. It has a compact and aerodynamic shape that minimizes air resistance and provides excellent ventilation. The helmet features 3D Dry padding for enhanced comfort and an Octo Fit adjustment system for a customizable fit.
3. Specialized S-Works Evade II Helmet
The Specialized S-Works Evade II Helmet is a lightweight and aerodynamic choice for serious cyclists. It has a sleek design with an ultra-lightweight construction that reduces drag and improves efficiency. The helmet also features a patented ANGi crash sensor for added safety and a HairPort SL fit system for easy adjustment.
When choosing the best bicycle helmet for aero performance, make sure to consider factors such as fit, ventilation, and additional features like MIPS technology or integrated eye shields. Investing in a high-quality aero helmet can significantly improve your cycling speed and overall riding experience.
Remember to always prioritize safety and wear the appropriate helmet for your cycling activities.
Best Bicycle Helmets for Durability and Safety
Durability and safety are two essential factors to consider when choosing a bicycle helmet. You want a helmet that will protect your head in case of an accident, and that will also withstand the test of time. Fortunately, there are several excellent options available in Australia that combine both durability and safety.
One such helmet is the XYZ Model 2000. This helmet is constructed using a high-quality, impact-resistant material that can stand up to even the toughest falls. It also features an adjustable fit system to ensure a secure and comfortable fit.
Another great option is the ABC ProShield. This helmet is made with a durable outer shell and a shock-absorbing liner that provides excellent protection. It also has enhanced ventilation to keep you cool during your rides.
If you’re looking for a helmet that offers both durability and style, the EFG UltraLite is a fantastic choice. This helmet is constructed using a carbon fiber shell, making it incredibly lightweight and strong. It also features a sleek design and comes in a variety of colors to suit your preferences.
When it comes to bicycle helmets, it’s important to invest in quality. The best helmets for durability and safety will have undergone rigorous testing and meet or exceed safety standards. Look for helmets that have been certified by organizations such as the Australian Standard (AS), Snell Memorial Foundation, or the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
Remember, your helmet is your most important piece of safety gear when cycling. So, make sure to choose one that not only looks great but also provides the highest level of durability and protection for your rides.
Best Bicycle Helmets for Ventilation
When it comes to cycling, staying cool and comfortable is key. That’s why finding a helmet with excellent ventilation is essential. Here are some of the best bicycle helmets for ventilation available in Australia:
1. Bell Zephyr MIPS Helmet: This helmet features a combination of 18 vents and internal channeling to maximize airflow and keep your head cool on hot rides. It also has a MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) which provides added protection against rotational forces during crashes.
2. Giro Aether MIPS Helmet: With its 11 Wind Tunnel vents and airy design, the Giro Aether MIPS Helmet offers excellent ventilation without compromising on safety. It also features the MIPS technology for enhanced protection.
3. Kask Protone Helmet: The Kask Protone Helmet combines aerodynamics with superb ventilation. Its unique design and 20 large air vents ensure optimal airflow, making it a popular choice among cyclists who value both style and comfort.
4. Poc Ventral SPIN Helmet: Engineered for maximum airflow, the Poc Ventral SPIN Helmet features innovative ventilation channels and a lightweight design. It also incorporates the SPIN (Shearing Pad INside) technology which helps reduce the impact of rotational forces.
5. Specialized S-Works Evade Helmet: The Specialized S-Works Evade Helmet utilizes a patented design to provide efficient ventilation and aerodynamics. Its 4th Dimension Cooling System and numerous vents allow for excellent airflow, ensuring you stay comfortable even during intense rides.
When choosing a bicycle helmet for ventilation, it’s important to consider factors such as the number of vents, internal channeling, and any additional ventilation technologies. Remember to also prioritize safety features like MIPS or SPIN for added protection.
Best Bicycle Helmets for Style and Design
When it comes to cycling in Australia, safety is of the utmost importance. But that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style and design. With the wide range of bicycle helmets available, you can find one that not only offers the best protection but also matches your personal style.
Australia has strict safety requirements for bicycle helmets, so you can rest assured that any helmet you choose will meet the necessary safety standards. But beyond safety, there are helmets that are also designed with style in mind.
With sleek lines, modern colors, and innovative features, these helmets are not only protective but look good too. Whether you prefer a minimalist design or something more vibrant, there’s a helmet out there that suits your taste.
One popular option is the POC Octal Helmet. With its distinctive design and lightweight construction, this helmet offers both style and comfort. Its aerodynamic shape also ensures that you can ride with ease and efficiency.
If you’re looking for a helmet that combines style, technology, and safety, the Kask Protone Helmet is a top choice. Designed for performance, this helmet features a sleek profile and a ventilation system that keeps you cool during long rides.
For those who value versatility, the Thousand Heritage Collection helmets are a great choice. These helmets combine a retro-inspired design with modern functionality. With their unique colors and finishes, these helmets are sure to make a statement on the road.
So, when it comes to finding the best bicycle helmets for style and design in Australia, you have plenty of options. Don’t compromise on safety, but also don’t settle for a helmet that doesn’t reflect your personal style. With the wide range of helmets available, you can find one that offers the best of both worlds.
Best Bicycle Helmets for Budget Buyers
If you’re in the market for a new bicycle helmet but don’t want to break the bank, there are still plenty of options available that offer great protection without sacrificing quality. Here are some of the best bicycle helmets for budget buyers:
- 1. Schwinn Thrasher Bike Helmet: This budget-friendly helmet features a dual-fit dial system for a comfortable and secure fit. It also has 21 vents to keep you cool on hot rides.
- 2. Giro Revel Bike Helmet: The Giro Revel helmet offers excellent ventilation with 22 vents and an adjustable visor to shield your eyes from the sun.
- 3. Bell Solar Bike Helmet: With a sleek design and 23 vents, the Bell Solar helmet provides good airflow and a comfortable fit.
- 4. TeamObsidian Airflow Bike Helmet: This helmet is known for its lightweight construction and ample ventilation. It also has a detachable visor for added versatility.
- 5. BASE CAMP Zoom Bike Helmet: The BASE CAMP Zoom helmet offers a secure fit and excellent ventilation with its 7 vents and built-in insect net.
While these helmets may be more affordable, they still meet safety standards and provide reliable protection for your head. Remember to always choose a helmet that fits well and meets the necessary safety certifications for your peace of mind on the road or trail.
How to Properly Fit a Bicycle Helmet
A properly fitting bicycle helmet is essential for ensuring your safety while riding in Australia. Here are some steps you can follow to ensure a proper fit:
Selecting the Right Helmet Size
Before buying a bicycle helmet, it is important to measure the circumference of your head. Use a tape measure and place it around the widest part of your head, just above your eyebrows. Note down the measurement in centimeters.
|Head Circumference (cm)
Adjusting the Helmet
Once you have the right size helmet, follow these steps to ensure a proper fit:
- Position the helmet on your head, making sure it sits level and covers the top of your forehead.
- Adjust the straps by sliding the buckle and ensuring they form a “Y” shape under your ears.
- Tighten the chin strap until it is snug against your chin. You should be able to fit two fingers between the strap and your chin.
- Check for proper fit by shaking your head gently. The helmet should stay in place without sliding or tilting.
Remember to always wear your bicycle helmet when riding in Australia. A properly fitting helmet can greatly reduce the risk of head injuries in case of accidents or falls.
Tips for Maintaining and Cleaning Your Bicycle Helmet
Proper maintenance and cleaning are essential for keeping your bicycle helmet in top condition. By taking care of your helmet, you can ensure its longevity and effectiveness in protecting your head during your rides. Here are some tips to help you maintain and clean your helmet:
1. Regular Inspection
Check your helmet regularly for any signs of damage or wear. Look for cracks, dents, or loose straps. If you notice any issues, it’s essential to replace your helmet right away. Riding with a damaged helmet can compromise its ability to protect you in case of an accident.
2. Clean as Needed
Regularly clean the exterior of your helmet to remove dirt, dust, and sweat. Use a mild soap or helmet-specific cleaner and warm water. Gently scrub the surface with a soft cloth or sponge, and rinse thoroughly. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that can damage the helmet’s outer shell.
3. Remove Pads and Straps
To clean the interior of your helmet, remove the pads and straps if possible. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for disassembling and reassembling these components. Hand wash the pads with mild soap and warm water, then let them air dry completely before reattaching them to the helmet.
4. Air Dry
After washing your helmet, allow it to air dry naturally. Avoid exposing it to direct sunlight or using a heat source, as this can cause the helmet’s materials to degrade. Place it in a well-ventilated area and ensure it is completely dry before storing or using it again.
5. Store Properly
When not in use, store your helmet in a cool, dry place away from extreme temperatures and moisture. Avoid stacking heavy items on top of the helmet, as this can deform its shape. Consider using a helmet storage bag or box to protect it from dust and scratches.
6. Replace When Necessary
Over time, the materials in your helmet can deteriorate, compromising its safety and effectiveness. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for helmet replacement, typically every two to five years, or if your helmet has been involved in a crash.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your bicycle helmet remains in its best condition for safe and enjoyable rides. Remember, investing in a high-quality helmet is essential, and regular maintenance is the key to keeping it functioning optimally.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bicycle Helmets
- Why is wearing a bicycle helmet important?
- What is the best bicycle helmet brand in Australia?
- How do I choose the right size for my bicycle helmet?
- Are all bicycle helmets in Australia certified?
- What are the safety standards for bicycle helmets in Australia?
- How often should I replace my bicycle helmet?
- Can I wear a bicycle helmet for other sports?
- How should I care for my bicycle helmet?
- Where can I buy the best bicycle helmets in Australia?
- Are there different types of bicycle helmets for different activities?
If you have any other questions about bicycle helmets, please feel free to contact us.
Questions and answers:
What are some of the best bicycle helmets available in Australia?
Some of the best bicycle helmets available in Australia are the Kask Protone Helmet, the Giro Synthe MIPS Helmet, the Lazer Z1 Helmet, the Bell Super 3R MIPS Helmet, and the Specialized S-Works Evade II Helmet.
What features should I look for when choosing a bicycle helmet?
When choosing a bicycle helmet, you should look for features such as size adjustability, good ventilation, a lightweight construction, a comfortable fit, and safety certifications like MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System).
Are bicycle helmets mandatory in Australia?
Yes, bicycle helmets are mandatory in Australia. It is required by law to wear a properly fitted and securely fastened helmet while riding a bicycle.
Where can I purchase bicycle helmets in Australia?
You can purchase bicycle helmets in Australia from various retailers such as bicycle stores, sporting goods stores, and online retailers like Amazon, Wiggle, and Chain Reaction Cycles.
What is the average price range for bicycle helmets in Australia?
The average price range for bicycle helmets in Australia is between $50 and $200. However, there are also more affordable options available below $50 and premium helmets with higher price tags above $200.
What are some of the best bicycle helmets available in Australia?
Some of the best bicycle helmets available in Australia include the Cannondale Teramo MIPS Helmet, the Giro Synthe MIPS Helmet, and the Specialized S-Works Prevail II Helmet.
What features should I look for when buying a bicycle helmet?
When buying a bicycle helmet, it is important to look for features such as MIPS technology for added protection against rotational forces, adjustable fit systems for a custom fit, good ventilation to keep you cool, and a lightweight design for comfort during long rides.
Are bicycle helmets mandatory in Australia?
Yes, bicycle helmets are mandatory in Australia for cyclists of all ages. It is a legal requirement to wear a helmet while riding a bicycle in public areas.